Colorado west construction
With decades of combined experience, CWC has been providing quality construction services since our founding in 2007. We continuously strive to perfect our processes and expand our expertise.
Are you Interested in joining Our Team?
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, quality control, job site safety, and that work is proceeding on schedule. Assistant Superintendents report in order to the Lead Superintendent, the General Superintendent, and the Project Manager of the project he/she is working on at that time.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Assistant Superintendent:
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all construction activities related to the project and shift he/she is assigned to manage. Leading and managing the on-site construction team & coordination of project schedule or communication given by the project leads. The project Assistant Superintendent must be onsite when scheduled construction activities are taking place & when the construction schedule dictates that work is required (i.e.… overtime or weekends). Coordination with Lead Superintendent, Project Manager & General Superintendent when an Assistant Superintendent is unavailable to be onsite during any scheduled construction activities.
- Responsible for the orderliness and cleanliness of the project, ensuring that compliance for site safety regulations are met, quality standards are maintained, and all material and equipment are on site and available to meet the project schedule. Ensure the job-site is always kept in a clean and organized manner
- Studies & Evaluates drawings and specifications, assists subcontractors with clarifications related to the drawings and specifications, and maintains a complete and up to date set of construction drawings, specifications, RFI’s, and submittals at all times.
- Ensure adherence to both the project schedule and look-ahead with your subcontractors and vendors. Follow project timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed. Monitoring, verification & inspection of subcontractor’s work in-place to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Verify that daily work is being completed according to schedule. Maintain quality control logs through our QC inspection forms. Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, while never compromising quality
- Conducts and maintains weekly on-site health and safety meetings with employees and subcontractors, ensuring that the CWC health and safety program is followed. Monitor and ensure on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness. Document ANY incident or accident that occurs
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards. Document and report any non-compliance or scheduling issues to your project management team
- Prepare RFI’s and report any cost impact from the RFI response to the project management team – Procore Change Event Log
- Change Orders – know the project scope of work and identify items that cause a project’s Cost/Credit impact, effectively report/communicate those impacts and any conflicts in construction progress to the project manager with photos, red-lined plans & effected trades
- Takes part in the weekly project progress meetings with Owner, Architect and Subcontractors. Represent organization on various construction meetings with a complete understanding of the projects progress. Including any documented delays, pending RFI’s, and project milestones
- Maintain Daily Log’s – reporting all on-site activity, manpower, material deliveries, equipment deliveries, site conditions, scope or project progress, any conflicts or interferences and how they were resolved, and document all of the above with photo entries with each daily log
- Assist with the creation, distribution and completion of a project punch list for subcontractors/vendors per CWC standards
- Upon receipt of Architect or Owners punch list, identify the subcontractor responsibility, distribute and followup on the timely completion of punch list activities. Ensure subcontractor has corrected and completed all deficiencies identified by the project team. Report any items that incur additional cost not specified in the project’s scope of work or construction documents. Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope
- Assist in coordination of the mobilization and demobilization of all CWC equipment, materials and supplies • Assists the Lead Superintendent & Project Management Team with the preparation of project and contract close out documentation. Assist Lead Superintendent with completion of their project as-builds
- Opening of the job-site at the beginning of the work shift, and securing the job-site and the end of the work shift
- CWC Representation – Collared Shirt w/ CWC logo, 8hr minimum on-site shift, create a LinkedIn Acct. and update with project milestones or grand opening posts
- Assistant Superintendent Timesheets are due weekly, submitted every Friday
- If in procession of a gas card – Accurate job costing by job #
- If in procession of a company vehicle – document and report monthly maintenance monitoring
Training: CWC will pay for or reimburse for these courses. These MUST be obtained and upheld
- Complete Procore Certifications & Comply with CWC Procore Protocols (Daily Report, RFI, Change Event, Redlined Plans)
- OSHA 30
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and job walks for projects
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site
Submit Your Application Below