Colorado west construction
With decades of combined experience, CWC has been providing quality construction services since our founding in 2007. We continuously strive to perfect our processes and expand our expertise.
Are you Interested in joining Our Team?
Click on the below link to view all current openings with our company.
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendents shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all construction activities related to the project he/she is assigned to manage. Leading and managing the on-site construction team & coordination of required inspections with local jurisdictions or authorities regarding approvals.
- The project Superintendent must be onsite when scheduled construction activities are taking place & when the construction schedule dictates that work is required (i.e. overtime or weekends). Coordination with Project Manager & General Superintendent when a Superintendent is unavailable to be onsite during any scheduled construction activities.
- Responsible for the orderliness and cleanliness of the project, ensuring that compliance for site safety regulations are met, quality standards are maintained, and all material and equipment are on site and available to meet the project schedule. Ensure the jobsite is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Studies & Evaluates drawings and specifications, assists subcontractors with clarifications related to the drawings and specifications, and maintains a complete and up to date set of construction drawings, specifications, RFI’s, and submittals at all times.
- Responsible for creating & maintaining a complete up to date project schedule per owner or CWC standards. In addition, the Superintendent must maintain a two week look ahead to distribute the project team and subcontractors. Ensure adherence to both the project schedule and look-ahead with your subcontractors, consultants, and vendors. Follow project timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion. Be proactive.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed. Monitoring, verification & inspection of subcontractor’s work in-place to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Verify that daily work is being completed according to schedule. Maintain quality control logs through our QC inspection forms. Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, while never compromising quality
- Conducts and maintains weekly on-site health and safety meetings with employees and subcontractors, ensuring that the CWC health and safety program is followed. Monitor and ensure on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness. Document ANY incident or accident that occurs.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards. Document and report any non-compliance or scheduling issues to your project management team.
- Prepare RFI’s and report any cost impact from the RFI response to the project management team – Procore Change Event Log.
- Change Orders – know the project scope of work and identify items that cause a project’s Cost/Credit impact, effectively report/communicate those impacts and any conflicts in construction progress to the project manager with photos, red-lined plans & effected trades.
- Conducts the weekly project progress meetings with Owner, Architect and Subcontractors. Represent organization on various construction meetings with a complete understanding of the projects progress. Including any documented delays, pending RFI’s, and project milestones.
- Maintain Daily Log’s – reporting all on-site activity, manpower, material deliveries, equipment deliveries, site conditions, scope or project progress, any conflicts or interferences and how they were resolved, and document all of the above with photo entries with each daily log.
- Create, distribute and complete a project punch list for subcontractors/vendors per CWC standards.
- Upon receipt of Architect or Owners punch list, identify the subcontractor responsibility, distribute and follow-up on the timely completion of punch list activities. Ensure subcontractor has corrected and completed all deficiencies identified by the project team. Report any items that incur additional cost not specified in the project’s scope of work or construction documents. Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Coordinate the mobilization and demobilization of all CWC equipment, materials and supplies.
- Assists the Project Manager and Contract Administrator with the preparation of project and contract close out documentation. Superintendent is responsible for their project as-builds.
- Opening of the jobsite at the beginning of the work shift, and securing the jobsite and the end of the work shift.
- CWC Representation – Collared Shirt w/ CWC logo, 8hr minimum on-site shift, create a LinkedIn Acct. and update with project milestones or grand opening posts.
- Superintendent Timesheets are due weekly, submitted every Friday.
- If in procession of a gas card – Follow Protocol for Data Entry at the pump.
- If in procession of a company vehicle – document and report monthly maintenance monitoring
- Training: CWC will pay for or reimburse for these courses. These MUST be obtained and upheld.
- Complete Procore Certifications & Comply with CWC Procore Protocols (Daily Report, RFI, Change Event, Redlined Plans)
- OSHA 30
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and job walks for projects.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job site.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and organized Project Coordinator. This position will work under the direction of 2-3 Project Managers and have the ability to multi-task up to 4 projects at a time.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Project Coordinator:
- Track and expedite RFI’s and submittals
- Assist in schedule development and distribution and help maintain accurate schedules throughout construction.
- Help prepare project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Identify, qualify and process all change orders
- Coordinate closeout processes including obtaining all documents and final approval from City/County
- Liaison with clients/vendors to identify and define project requirement scope and objectives
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client & project team
- Make certain that clients’ needs are met in a timely & cost effective manner as the project evolves
- Monitor and track project progress
- Keep Project Managers (PM’s) and others informed about project status and issues that affect schedules, budgets and/or client relations.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all parties
- Use project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spent
- Issue all appropriate paperwork as needed
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Organization: Uses strong organization skills
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.), Outlook is required
- Desired Knowledge in ProCore and Bluebeam
- Microsoft Excel: Minimum 3 years
- Microsoft Project: Minimum 3 years
- Commercial Construction: Minimum 2 years of working experience in commercial construction support role is strongly desired.
Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite of products. BidMail, PlanGrid, BlueBeam and Procore experience is a highly preferred. Minimum typing speed of 50 words/min.
Construction: Must be able to read plans well enough to speak intelligently about the scope of work shown. Training is available but a basic knowledge should already be in place.
Time Management: Must have the ability to stay on task and complete work in a timely manner, meet multiple concurring deadlines, and prioritize work effectively.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license.
- 5 yrs. of minimum experience in a Supervisory capacity.
Submit Your Application Below